Sure Power Battery separator 200 AMP w/Auxiliary start 1315/200
Battery separator 200 AMP w/Auxiliary start 1315-200
The Sure Power Battery Separator is designed for use in multi-battery applications as a excessive loading while allowing auxiliary batteries to be charged. The Sure Power Battery Separator has two basic operational characteristics.
Bi-Directional Battery Separator :
Able to have two charge sources connected; one upon the Main Battery, and a second upon the Auxiliary Battery – This means that the charge current can go in two different directions, from the Main Battery to the Auxiliary Battery, or the Auxilary Battery to the Main Battery. Whichever battery is connected to the ACTIVE charging source will be considered the “Main Battery” as far as the functions of the Battery Separator are concerned.
- Voltage: 12 Volts
- Amperage: 200 Amps
- Approx. Item Weight: 3 Pounds
ASSIST IN ENGINE STARTING:
When the starter is activated the Battery Separator compares the voltage of both battery banks. If the chassis’ battery is lower the the auxiliary battery bank, the Battery Separator will engage, allowing the auxiliary battery bank to aid in vehicle starting. The start signal must be at least three volts for this operation to occur.
PROTECT THE CHARGING SYSTEM:
Once the engine has started, the Battery Separator monitors the chassis battery and charging system. When the charging system reaches 13.2 Volts, indicating a charged main battery and functioning charging system, the Battery Separator will engage, connecting the auxiliary battery bank to the vehicle charging system. If the drain on the charging system by the auxiliary battery bank reduces the system voltage below 12.8 volts, the Battery Separator will disconnect the auxiliary battery bank, thus protecting the chassis charging system. The process is repeated until the charging system is turned off.
Reasons to buy a Sure Power Battery Separator :
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION: Connects to primary battery, auxiliary battery and ground. Absolutely no system modifications are necessary.
- MULTIPLE BATTERY CHARGING: The battery separator allows multiple batteries to be charged from one charging source (usually, but not necessarily, an alternator). When the batteries are not being charged, the Battery Separator separates or isolates the batteries.
- PRIORITIZED CHARGING: The Battery Separator waits until the battery connected to the active charging source reaches approximately 13.2 Volts before paralleling and charging the remaining batteries. The system disconnects at approximately 12.8 Volts.
- PREVENTS CHARGING SYSTEM OVERLOAD: If the current requirements are greater then the charging source can produce, the Battery Separator will automatically separate the batteries, thus directing all available charge current to the battery directly connected to the charging source. The system will then reset and re-attempt charging the auxiliary battery. A time delay prevents false switching.
- START ASSIST FEATURE: An optional input from the key switch or a manual switch will program the Battery Separator to parallel the batteries during starting. This feature will only engage if the auxiliary battery has sufficient power available to assist in starting.